Wood Filler in Cracks

I put down some oak 1/4 rounds, and I must say they look pretty good, given my lack of experience. In spite of it all, there are a couple places where the outside joints still have a hairline gap.
Would it be a mistake to fill this gap with wood filler, stain, and put a coat of poly on it? Or should I leave well-enough alone?
Absolutely. Tear it out and start all over.
Not kidding, be sure to check how much the stain and poly will darken the filler first, I was unpleasantly surprised to find even natural stain will much darken filler on my wall panels.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:09:29 -0400, Buck Turgidson wrote

After your first coat, make life easy. Use Muralo spackle. It is creamier than other spackles. After it dries you can sand off the excess. Color it to match using artist oils. After that dries you are ready for topcoating.
Do not be afarid to use spackle. Even us professionals use it for purposes like what I just described. If I though that this were improper then I would not be advising you to go ahead.