Wood Cutting Boards

I was to make some wood cuttng boards for Christmas gifts approx. 9" x 13". I would like to use 3 woods to get some contrast. Your recommendations please . E mail works great for me.
Andy Franklin, Tn
andy anderson wrote:

This is prime google territory. This topic comes up almost every day, and every facet of making cutting boards has been discussed ad nauseam.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (andy anderson) wrote in message

I have a similar project going. I'm using maple, walnut and cherry. I have a little purpleheart too, that I'm hoping to put into a few of them.