Wood at the wood store

Had to go in to the wood store where I have been getting my wood lately to get some red oak trim to finish up the wife's blanket chest. Wasn't in as much of a hurry as I usually am, so decided to look around at what they had in faced ply and some hardwood. Wow! Never realized. Faced ply in, of course oak, but also cherry, Hondurus Mahogany, Walnut, and even clear pine, to name a few. Went to the hardwood section and was looking at the walnut, mahogany, cherry, ect. Saw some African Mahogany that I could just visualize a nice shiny clear finish on, not my usual wipe on poly. Beautiful wood with tiny dark specs in it. That humidor I want to build may have to be my first attempt at solid wood building. And what really got me is that it is cheaper than the red oak at the borg. If my poor memory serves me, the African Mahogany was $5.65 a board foot. I'm all jazzed now, just need more free time.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Not a bad price. I pay $5.50 for it rough.
Brian.
I watched an episode of New Yankee Workshop this morning and ol' Norm had some TEAK vaneer plywood. Wonder where that came from.
Wayne

NoOne N Particular wrote:

One source is Boulter Plywood <http://www.boulterplywood.com/ . They'll cut to order and ship anywhere in the US.

--
--John

Did a quick search and came up with http://www.boulterplywood.com /
If you think the teak is expensive, check out the 3/4" quarter sawn African mahogany transom material for $479 a sheet. Ed