With my own eyes--a Crapsman Cabinet saw w/ Biesemeyer fence!

Perhaps I'm a little behind the times, but I was in the Sears this afternoon and saw, "With my own eyes--a Crapsman Cabinet saw w/Biesemeyer fence!" The T-Square Fence System even had a decal on it stating that it was a product of Delta Machinery.
I'm a little fuzzy on which particular corporation owns everything on the planet, and I had it in my mind that Sears and Delta were mortal enemies, kinda like Norm and Bob Vila.
WTFO?
-Phil Crow
On 21 Jul 2004 19:48:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phil Crow) wrote:

It's Me. I own everything...
<G>

Bridger responds:

Well, it's time to start fixing some of it. :)
Charlie Self "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra (1901)
On 22 Jul 2004 11:11:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

why? stuff breaks, y'all buy more. works for me...

Bridger responds:

Whatever works. I somehow thought you were a Yankee, though...mend it, fix it, use it up sor of deal.
Charlie Self "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra (1901)
On 22 Jul 2004 15:54:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

the yankee/dixie schism is an east coast thing. I'm a California/Arizona/New Mexico boy. I *really* don't give a damn.....

My aunt, born n' raised in GA, is still p*ssed about the war.
Patrick Conroy writes:

Yeah, well...I grew up as "that damned Yankee," with all my maternal uncles twitting me about being born in NY. My mother was from Louisa County, VA and one of a dozen kids who lived to tell the tale. So my brother, my sister and I got to, as someone said in another context, "bear the brunt" of being on the winning side.
Charlie Self "I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.' " Garrison Keillor

Ah, Mr. Gates. I didn't recognize you. Saaaaaay, why don't you come into my shop with me, I've got some sharp, fast-moving things I'd like to introduce into you. I mean, introduce you to.
Dave Hinz wrote:

Speaking of crapsmen...
(Scariest thing in my shop is that my CNC control program requires a Microsoft base - I worry more about the safety aspects of that than anything else.)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

On 21 Jul 2004 19:48:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phil Crow) wrote:

Sears will do anything to make a profit, as they have been having financial concerns. Be aware of the quality or power tools and castings, especially if you see "Made in China."
How does this differ from any/every other company on this planet? Reminds me of a case we studied in school where the courts said a company has to pursue a profit. I think it was US V. Henry Ford.
Every company is trying to produce a product at a profit. Some products are like Bosch, some Black and Decker.