where can i find truely **free** plans...

Page 1 of 2
what sites do u guys recommend for truely free woodworking plans... and please don't suggest i search google...
thanks
On 29 Feb 2004 05:06:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Mike Henley) wrote:

the same ones that have the truely (sic) free lunch...
Try this one it's a compilation of a number of sites and hundreds of free plans.
http://the3house.com/plans/menus/free_top_nav1.htm
Rick
--
webservant

Web design for churches http://www.gibs-web.ca
Sun, Feb 29, 2004, 8:22am snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (RickGibson) posted: Try this one it's a compilation of a number of sites and hundreds of free plans. http://the3house.com/plans/menus/free_top_nav1.htm
Yeah, but he could've found that on his own, if he'd used google.
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
Mike Henley wrote:

Search Google.
UA100, who should never be told what to do, never...

Now why did I just *know* Keeter was going to do that?
--
Nahmie
Those who know the least will always know it the loudest.

The question was "what sites do u guys recommend for truely free woodworking plans..." Unless your opinion is all ready stated on a website somewhere doing a Google search wont answer the question. I can do a Google search and find thousands of sites with free plans. I still wont know which ones you recommend. Newsgroups are supposed to be a forum for sharing information and a request for your recommendations about free plan sites falls into that category.
--

Gordon Parks

"Bob S." < snipped-for-privacy@noplace.com> wrote in message

Plans for what????? 'Woodworking' is just a bit broad don't you think?
True. The original poster could (should) have asked for more specific information if he was looking for something in particular. However, when I am looking for a new project I sometimes just scan woodworking sites for inspiration.
--

Gordon Parks

< snipped-for-privacy@binternet.com> wrote in message
Sun, Feb 29, 2004, 6:12pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com (GordonParks) whines: <snip> Newsgroups are supposed to be a forum for sharing information and a request for your recommendations about free plan sites falls into that category.
In that case, where's your recommendtion?
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
Here is one site I use
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat 2
and here is another that I like
http://www.sawhorseworkshop.com/howimadeit.html
--

Gordon Parks
BSIT

I think we noticed that.

Wellm that's OK. He didn't tell use what he wanted to build. Let him sort them out.

Not without a great deal more specificity, or without a statement that he isn't willing to do any work at all in the process of picking brains here.
Besides, the guy's a troll.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

this isn't trolling... google is too filled withm misleading spam, that's why..
Well, IMHO you should have used Google (or some other good search engine). I did...
I found this in less than 2 minutes:
http://www.rareplans.com/featured_rare_plan.php
I guess that might be a bit too taxing for you. But hey! Yer Lazy!
Philski

try this one: <building://yourtown/library/public>
You sure that link is correct. Brings up a 404 error code site not found on my computer.
D. Mo

There was a subtle error in the link, as given. it should be
<building:///library/public>
One must substitute the correct 'localized reference' for "" to get a usable URI.
The most reliable way to reach "building:" URIs is something called 'shanks mare'. You may be able to get there faster, if you have "auto" completion.

Sun, Feb 29, 2004, 5:06am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (MikeHenley) cries out: what sites do u guys recommend for truely free woodworking plans... and please don't suggest i search google...
Why not? That's what I usually use, and I've found a lof of free plans there? Too bone idle to do that?
Then go to your local library. Oops, that won't be free, you'll have to pay for gas.
I guess you'll have to think up your own, then scratch thme in the dirt with a stick (save the cost of pencil and paper). Oops, you'll still have to buy wood and tools.
So, looks like no matter what, you're gonna have to pay, one way or another, so I guess you're just plain SOL. You know what they say, TANSTAAFL.