What wood for a cutting board

Page 2 of 2
I made mine out of hickory, workes quite well. No warping or other problems that we've noticed. I don't know how we clean it. I don't do the cooking.

possible.
Thanks - that's a great piece of advise.
Don

realize
Others have posted why hard maple is the choice for the wood. As for finish: http://www.woodfinishsupply.com/butcherblock.html
I personally don't like the idea of mineral oil (non-drying) coming out of the wood afterwards, so I use *pure* tung oil (LV 56Z10.01).