What to do about my jerky PC333?

I have 4 PC333s. One of them has started jerking and jumping around. I have read that the common problem is a small belt breaking, so I pulled the bottom off and found the belt was fine. However, the little pulley it goes around was seized. I removed it, cleaned it, and lubed it. It turns now. (I just wish I had understood it screwed the wrong direction before I stripped the threads out.) The sander is about 50% better, but still not right. Any ideas?

Reply to
Toller

Use the other 3.

Reply to
stoutman

I do; but I would like to use all 4.

Reply to
Toller

Sure,

Toss the PCs.

Buy some nice Metabo sanders and be done with problems and headaches.

Greg D.

Reply to
Greg D.

I know that my PC sanders do not run well and vibrate a lot if they do no run at full operating speed. If the pulley is slipping it can throw everything out of harmonic balance.

And remember, it did not screw in the wrong direction, you did. Almost always threads loosen in the same direction that they spin when operating.

Reply to
Leon

I figured. I was just busting your chops. :)

Reply to
stoutman