What's Up with Iturra Design?

You guys hyped up this Iturra Design catalog for bandsaw accessories. I called a few weeks ago, spoke to a human, asked for a catalog and they took my name and address.
Nothing in the mail. Is this just some dude in his garage, smokin weed all day or what? :-)
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

Could be, but he knows his stuff. The catalog is worth getting. Give them another call - see what they say.
Harvey

No, don't call them a second time. I did that, asked the gal to check if it was mailed. She took my name and address and promised to look. A couple of weeks later, I and got two catalogs in the mail on the same day.

That happened to me. When I called he said they only mail catalogs once a month.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ahhh, thanks. I'll wait another week. Good thing for them, I don't have any important projects for which I need the bandsaw.
Feels like the pony express. :-)
--

-MIKE-

I've bought some of their stuff from Highland Hardware. Just buy it from them.
:-)
Hey Mike, I just checked the google archives because I recalled someone on this group could net get through. It was mike-why , back in March (I know, not you). Did you request your catalogue prior to that time ? I bought a lot of stuff from Louis and he's very good about getting orders and catalog requests out. I hope all is well with him and that he just made a mistake with your request. Give him another holler, maybe he's just very busy. Marc (or maybe they are printing a revised catalogue and just waiting for the new edition from the printer?)
) > You guys hyped up this Iturra Design catalog for bandsaw accessories.

marc rosen wrote:

I'm hoping it's just something like that..... and maybe he's busy putting together website. :-)
Thanks, Marc (&MJ).
--

-MIKE-

Mike,
It took awhile for me to get one as well. More than a month I think.
Probably he prints up x copies as he gets requests (figure it's a cost saving) and then mails.
No doubt, it's worth the wait. Be patient and if/when you call, be nice!
MJ

Seems to me that it took a while to get a catalog from them. But it was worth waiting for. As other have suggested, give another call just in case your request got lost.
Reply-to address is real John
I just got some very good advice from Louis at Iturra about choosing the right pulleys for my upgrade of my 14" delta band saw with a 3hp Baldor. I'm psyched! BTW my final speed will be 4600 fpm, up from the standard 3000 fpm. -isaac

pulleys for my upgrade of my 14" delta band saw with a 3hp Baldor. I'm psyched! BTW my final speed will be 4600 fpm, up from the standard 3000 fpm.

I have an old copy of their catalog and would love to have an update ... have they come into the 21st century yet?
Got a fresh phone number?
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I've changed pulleys to get more torque for resawing on my 14" Delta. The motor is too puny. What is Louis's advice? If you would be so kind.
Thanks,
Jim in the Bluegrass

More speed AND more HP. I don't know what he would say if more HP were not an option. But I con't see the advantage of more torque. You can push the wood HARDER into the blade before it slows down, but I can't see that you could cut any faster, except with more power.
If you get a definitive answer on this, though, please post it, since I have the same issue. I really don';t want to spring for a new motor.

On Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:55:02 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

I called Mr. Iturra at 904-642-2802,The Fall 2014 catalogs are available for $6.I got mine in a few days..excellent!!

On Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 4:55:02 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

I just had a very disappointing phone conversation with someone at Iturra D esign. I tried 6 web links to download their catalogue, and all of them cam e up with a "404 error". I placed a call to Iturra Design and spoke with so meone there who couldn't tell me what their website address was or where to go to download the catalogue. He said that one way to get the catalogue wa s to place an order, but when I informed him that "it was hard to order som ething if you don't know what is available" ... he couldn't offer any sugge stions. Not sure how they do much business with such great customer service .

Louis has never been much interested in volume; the established technique is to call and talk with him directly about your problem and he'll tell you what you need to resolve it.
The "catalog" has been scanned and posted online; it actually has very few Iturra Design products in it--it consists mostly of other information or vendors' products for resale--Carter, Lenox, Incra, etc., that are pretty bandsaw-specific, but it also has Boeshield, Starrett, etc., as well.
The last link I have to a scanned version is from 2010 at <http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?201014-Iturra-Bandsaw-Catalogue-available-here
But, in general, if you want something from Iturra, basically it'll be either thrust bearings/blocks, tension springs or the like or it'll be a recommendation for a specific blade for a purpose from Lenox which can be obtained elsewhere. I don't know how he makes a living; I suspect this is simply a hobby, mostly, to support his penchant for playing w/ bandsaws...

They've been doing business that way for years. I know it's hard. There is no web catalog from them. Some guys have put up their catalog on their own websites.
--
Jeff