What is the cost for adding an Electrical Outlet

Page 3 of 3

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:25:34 -0400, the opaque Robatoy

I love it!
----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

I visited some friends of mine near St Louis. They live in a subdivision, tucked away in a semi developed area. I had printed out the limited directions that Expedia had given me, but found a major landmark (Krispy Kreme) and found my way from there. Upon arrival, the host asked: "Did you find it okay?" I couldn't help myself: "No, I was banging on some random f***kin' doors and as luck would have it one of them happened to be yours!" "Here's your sign!"
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 18:38:57 -0400, the opaque Robatoy

Man, I like to visit less signy people. Mine ask "Did you have any trouble finding it after I gave you those detailed instructions?" I can always say "Nope, not a bit."
----- = Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
RE: The Thread
If I give you directions and you don't get there, you are a dumb fuck.
Hopefully, you will get killed in traffic and reduce the dumb fuck population.
lew
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:15:27 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

We used to live in a rather sparsely populated rural area, on a dead-end road. Directions to our house ended with "... turn north, the road dead-ends in 300 yards, we're at the dead-end, it's the only house there."
It's amazing how many people will ask which side of the road it's on, or what color it is.
--
Regards,
On 6/25/2005 10:41 PM Larry Jaques mumbled something about the following:

I love the way directions are given out here by the locals.
Go down to where the old Smith barn burnt down 20 years ago, take a left, go to where the old man and his dog are sitting by the red pickemup truck and take a right.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7
ing.

garage got $110 - seemed reasonable to me as the breaker was 1/3 of that. He ran 15' of conduit cable and wired a box and a female plug, left me the male plug to wire myself. He even let me watch!. The second 220 line (for DC), I did myself, cause now I had a clue.

The materials:
plastic blue box: $0.50 receptical: $1.50 nuts: $0.15 Romex #12: $1.00 Cover plate: $1.50
Labor: $50-$100
Prices vary according to location. This is an easy DIY project if you carefully follow all the steps.
: How much should it cost for an electrician to add an electrical outlet : about 2 feet away from the electical panel in my basement. : When I called to ask how much it was initially I could have sworn they : said about $90. Then I receive a bill for $160. : The job took about 30 minutes.
My electrician charges $25 to come to the house, then $45/hour. Southern AZ. About a third of what you were billed.
    -- Andy Barss

My electrician charged $45 for the whole day. I think you got ripped.
At < $6/hr I think you got a deal. Sure he's licensed?
wrote in message

Licensed, insured, work was inspected etc. First class electrician. I know he made a good living and his truck was brand new, a 1966 Ford.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

ROTFLMAO!
Good one. You got him!

I don't recall of OP posted her location or not. It's matters hugely. Here in San Diego North County $160 for anything, even just showing up at your door and sneering at you, is a deal. Back in the DC area I had most of the outlets in my house replaced for $145. That was some years ago though. And this poor guy had to deal w/50 year old cable that liked to snap when you tried to bend it. (is why i called in a pro)
OP shouldn't be afraid to call up the company and explain the bill though. As Doug has pointed out there are a variety of reasons the $90 estimate could of shot up to $160. OP certainly has the right to insist on having the discrepancy explained. But you won't find that here on usenet.
ml