What is it? Weekend Edition 7

These photos were all sent in to me, I don't know the answer for number 28:
26. I had posted one of these a little while ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic26.jpg
27.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic27.jpg
28.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic28.jpg
29.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic29.jpg
Rob
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:30:35 -0400, Rob H. wrote:

I had something similar to this it is a Glasses holder the glasses sit in with the stems folded and across the slot at the back and the nose rests on the "nose"

Correct, it's a nightstand glasses holder.
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:30:35 -0400, Rob H. wrote:

It's a view from the inside of a garage that's been through an earthquake or mudslide, and turned sideways. ;-)
I had thought grain auger, but the fins don't look very strong.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I think they are tent poles, the bottom one looks like it has a metal point on it that would fit through a grommet. Either that or they are Cliff's anal WMD probes. Oh look, he broke one!

Oh shit !!

Pencil sharpener
Robert
26. I had posted one of these a little while ago:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic26.jpg
CY: Bird pole for social climbers.
27.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic27.jpg
CY: Coat and hat hook, for eye nose and throat doctors.
28.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic28.jpg
CY: Silent movie camera for artillery guys.
29.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic29.jpg
CY: Egg whisk for expansive people. Either that, or a watch face remover for clocks.
Rob
On 10/16/10 12:30 PM, Rob H. wrote:

I'd love to see more pics of 28!

Someone from the UK had sent me this one, he had it for 15 years and couldn't find an answer, turns out that it's setup basket for a circular knitting machine. Scroll down at this link to see some of these machines:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22setup+basket%22&rlz 3GGGL_enUS228US228&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw96&bihb0

I don't have any more photos of it, looks like this device is still a mystery for now.
Rob
On 10/22/10 2:19 PM, Rob H. wrote:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22setup+basket%22&rlz 3GGGL_enUS228US228&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw96&bihb0
The item labeled as a setup basket has hooks opening outward and no lever to open or close it.
I wonder if 29 could be used to expand a knitted tube to lift it off a knitting machine without disengaging each of 30 or 40 loops. I don't know enough about knitting to know if that would work or if that would cause the knitting to unravel.