What is it? Set 530

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with number 3096 in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/xa9N3
Rob

3093. Shoe leather stretcher.
Leon says...

Nope

3094: citrus peeler
3095: watchman key box?

3092: same as 499 from November 4, 2005! "Dock worker's tool for moving burlap wrapped bales."

You nailed it. I've started to occasionally repost some of the older items, I guess it's good as a memory test and I think a lot of people probably haven't seen all of the older posts. Also it's easier for me to repost than it is to sort through hundreds of photos and then process them into usable form.

It's hard to believe I've been following "What is it?" for so long.

I appreciate your participation (and everyone else's), in June it will be ten years since I started!
< snips >

I certainly enjoy these puzzlers, each week. Thanks Rob !
.. and re-posts from the archives are fine with me - - I've only been following this group for a year or two. John T.
--- ---
On 1/30/2014 8:55 AM, Marc Dashevsky wrote:

Was that from memory, or do you print them out each week?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

It looked familiar and I remembered learning from the answer the concept of moving things around with a claw, but I ultimately did a Google image search to find precisely when I first saw it.

Yes, though I think it's for oranges specifically

Correct
On 1/30/2014 6:30 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3091 Veneering hammer      3092 Upholestry stretcher.
3093 Shoe strecher, specifically toe or bunion
3094 Vegetable decorating peeler, peels a strip for spiraling.
--
Jeff

Correct

No correct guesses on this one yet.

Yes

Nope

Good answer! AKA a vulcanizing clamp

Nope

Correct

I still don't know what these are
On 1/30/14, 7:27 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Just in the last couple of weeks they were doing some veneering on TV... using a very similar tool... think it was that 'Woodwright Shop' show with the guy who uses all the old traditional hand tools and manual equipment. Interesting show really, much better than 97% of the televised garbage these days.
Wow, has it been ten years now? Thanks Rob, your posts are one of the things I look forward to every Thursday.
Erik
On 1/30/2014 10:27 AM, Rob H. wrote:

This may help: TinyURL was created!
The following URL:
http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/0000000 00/00000000/0000000/000000/20000/6000/20 0/26262/26262.strip.sunday.gif
has a length of 110 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/ly5facc
[Open in new window] [Copy to clipboard]
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I wonder if the shiny one, at least, is some sort of ground anchor for setting into concrete and putting a removable post into. The various shapes and ends of the pipes are just to ensure a good embedding into the concrete.

I just did some more searching on these but they are still a mystery. The owner thought they might be marine or fishing related. I think the angled cuts are for attaching tubing, but that's just a guess.

That's what I thought (maybe for some sort of irrigation system), but why would the main tubes not be angled too?