What is it? Set 519

Page 1 of 2
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/s10lx
Rob
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 01:31:17 -0800, Rob H. wrote:

3025: Bob Dylan's harmonica.
--
Nothing to read here. Move on.

3026. Something made in Canada. (Mixed French and English on the label.)
3028. Carpet-stretcher?
3029. Portable telegraph key, locked so that not just anyone can use it.
--
Mark Brader "In general, it is safe and legal to
Toronto kill your children and their children."

3026 Pop-up sprinkler head (cutaway) .. 3028 Carpet stretcher head 3029 vibrator operated spark coil (ignition coil), Probably as a lockable ignition for a tractor or genset. ..
Sponenburgh says...

Correct

Nope

This answer is right, I was thinking it was for a Model T but I don't know for sure.

If so, it's _truly_ an "after-market" coil, because that doesn't remotely resemble the "Fordson" coil that was stock on the T-model and the A-model. (remembering that the first ignitions on the T were magneto, not continuous spark/distributor)
Not just the lock... the general layout is unusual for where and how the coil mounted.
Lloyd
On 11/14/2013 7:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

This is about what I thought. The knurled nut is to adjust the points.

No. The T's (not many) I've seen have a coil for each spark plug.
Jeff

At the link below are a couple of paragraphs about Ford cars and vibrators, it starts on page 84:
http://books.google.com/books?id=MB8yAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA85#v=onepage&q&f lse
On 11/14/2013 4:31 PM, Rob H. wrote:

I did a bit more reading and it looks like Ford did not like master vibrators, and when they did,it was a different set up.
It could be an after market for any number of other vehicles though, bolted on the firewall.
All in all, very cool!
My grandfather had a car dealership that went under during the Depression. I have a lot of multiples of parts that are no longer recognizable as being automotive, yet very common in the day.
He had a junk car in the back yard that he said was very valuable, but when he died, it got hauled off. Years later my mother saw the same type vehicle in museum corner, and he was right!
Jeff

Ahhh.... Rob, 3029 could also be an early DC-operated neon sign transformer, though I can't imagine why it'd be locked.
Lloyd

3025
is a Braille slate.
What's missing is the stylus.

Braille slate is correct.

3025 A bean counter.
3026 Sprinkler head
3027 Jar opener
3028 Carpet stretcher
3029 detonation control box
3030 Can opener
Robert
Someone sent me the photos at the link below, I don't know what it is and don't really plan on posting it on the site but would be interested if anyone could tell us its purpose:
http://imgur.com/a/4JcxU
On 11/14/2013 9:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Got me, chief.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?ID 774
They look similar.

Good job! Looks like you were correct about it being part of a scroll saw.
Rob
says...

Wow, didn't really expect to get an answer for this one, I'll forward it on to the person who sent the photos. Thanks for finding the link!
Rob

3026 Lawn Sprinkler 3028 Tool for installing T&G wood flooring.

Yes, the patent calls it a floor clamp.