What is it? Set 494

Page 1 of 2
Just posted this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
2875 String/cord tightener or slack eliminator. For a long curtain or blind cord. Wedge the excess length into the two narrow slits with the extra loop in the middle.
2876 Smudge pot. Burn smokey oil for light, heat or warning.
2879 Grease gun.
2880 Counter/accumulator. As small groups of events happen, stick a pointy thing in a numbered hole and rotate clockwise to the stop on the right.
On 5/23/2013 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

The last one is correct, the patent calls it an adding machine.
2875 - Looks like the handle of a corkscrew
2876 - Looks like a mini soap dispenser, so presumably for dispensing something other than soap?
2879 - Rivet gun?
On 23/05/2013 09:02, Rob H. wrote:

2876
Looks like it might be a pressure regulator for a pressure cooker.
Rob H. wrote:

2876 - smudge pot
2877 - adjustable back scratcher ?
2879 - Tire plug gun.
2880 - Some type of counter. Maybe for a turnstile type device?
--
Steve W.

Good answer, it is indeed a tire plug gun.
Posting from my desk top PC, as always.
2875 looks a bit like a cable link, for auto brake cables. The cable had a ball at the end, and it went into the center, much like a beaded key chain. 2876, maybe hanging oil lamp, or citronella for Mrs. O'Leary's barn. 2877, no serious guesses. 2878, not much idea. 2879, one of these, maybe. Grease gun, rivet tool, sausage stuffer, caulk dispenser, or?? 2880, maybe part of a safe and vault combination lock? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Just posted this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob

I think old oil lamp might be correct, closest thing I could find to it is some antique campaign torches.
Amazing, even a blind squirrel like me can find a walnut, now and again. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

I think old oil lamp might be correct, closest thing I could find to it is some antique campaign torches.
2880 - A stretch: Maybe a device for determining pulley sizes, for different ratios/speeds/turns, as per the 2 arbor sizes represented by each disc's hole.
Sonny
On 5/23/2013 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2879    Gun for tagging livestock's ears. 2875    Something for tightening something that's on a line (similar to a spoke wrench for bike) or for holiding 2 ends of a cable together.. that has a crimp on each end... (best I could do)
--
Jeff

That's it! It actually is a spoke wrench, so that was a good guess on this one.
On 05/23/2013 03:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2878 is a primer pocket deburring tool for large cases.
technomaNge
--
As in LARGE!

I like this theory, I couldn't find any proof for it, but it sounds good.
Rob H. wrote:

2877 -- Guess: Looks like a small "cant hook" (for handling lumber). The round metal part would keep you from injuring your hand.
Bill
2875 Bicycle spoke wrench.

I hate to tell you this but I actually don't have all the answers this week, the folding fork tool and the drill are still unidentified, or at least unverified. Occasionally in my opening post I don't mention if I need help or not, but I will try to be more consistent with that in the future.
The rest of the answers along with an update (proof) of the metal disk from two weeks ago have been posted:
Rob

Got it! A burr! (been wrong so often I get a treat when I find one!)
LLoyd
Sponenburgh says...

Good job on getting that one Lloyd, the owner said he took a closer look at the back and saw the Enterprise, which led to him finding a similar one.