Just posted my set for this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
On 12/1/2011 4:00 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2415 looks like a potting soil plug press.
--
<:3 )~

Correct, they are also known as soil blockers.

2418 Hedge Trimmer
(dang, why do so e of the others look so familiar?)
Dave

2418 looks like a hand powered hedge trimmer.

2414: A catch to hold window shutters open?
2416: Very old polished brass or bronze vanity mirrors.
On 12/1/2011 11:44 AM, anorton wrote:

2413 A tool to assist in manually baling hay (or equivalent)?
Bill

It isn't for baling hay but it _is_ farm related.
Rob H. wrote:

2413, Guess#2: For stretching a hide (as in making leather)?
Bill

Nope

This one would be hard to guess so I'll give a clue, it's part of a tool.

Nope
On 12/1/11 4:00 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2416: BB gun targets?

Nope

hmmm.... maybe, just maybe, these could be "doorbells"? ding ding there's someone here........ very polite..... ;>)}

That's not it, they are animal related.

ahhh huh! They could be bridle or leash anchors?

No but you're pretty close.
Am 02.12.2011 09:46, schrieb Rob H.:

they might be holders for the reins on a carriage?
Walter

Good guess, they are fly terrets, the ones in my photos are mostly just for decoration on work horses, but similar items that don't have the center part are used as guides for reins.
A while ago I had posted a strange looking item that the owner had said was a hood ornament for a car but I'm pretty sure that it's actually a fly terret, a photo of it can be seen here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/pic2326n.jpg
The answers for this week's set have been posted:
Rob

2413 Horse Harness
2414
2415 Soil Block maker for Growing seedling
2416
2417
2418 Hedge trimmers
Robert