What is it? Set 394

As I also mentioned on the site, I won't be able to post the answers until Saturday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2276. Deluxe ACE Tubular Lock Pick. http://www.lockpicks.com/deluxeacetubularlockpick.aspx 2277. Not sure. Portable alcohol blow lamp. Karl
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

2280: To hold shotgun shells, room for 2 boxes. (?)
Bill
Guess 2279 - A variation of the surface of a laundry wash board?
Sonny

2277 is definitely a set of blow lamps for soldering. Some of them would use naptha instead of alcohol, which might account for the sooting on one.
LLoyd
On Jun 22, 1:24am, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Didn't know about naptha ones. Karl
2277 Is a sight blackener for target shooters

2275 Hand vise? Art

2275- spreader for....?
2276- some sort of test holder with binding posts for a radio etc vacuum tube.
2279- washboard
2280- urinalysis sample holder? carrier for some kind of detonators?
Dave
says...

2277
ether dispenser?
"Rob H." wrote in message
As I also mentioned on the site, I won't be able to post the answers until Saturday.
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
2277 Jewellers alcohol torches, I have one just like the item on the right.
Steve R.
Steve wrote:

alcohol. Not sure about naphtha. Came from Sears, I think

2275)    An adjustable wrench -- which also looks as though it could be     used as a light hammer without abusing it too much.
    And perhaps it could be used to grip something like the     corrugated steel staples designed to hold two pieced of wood     edge to edge for first strike into the wood.
    Obviously has a left hand thread on the side near the handle,     and a right-hand thread on the side away from the handle, so as     you turn the handle clockwise, it will bring both parts together     around a center point.
    The two long smooth pins are to keep the two halves aligned.
2276)    This one looks like a universal key for something like the Ace     barrel locks -- loosen the thumbscrews, adjust the projections to     the right depths, and you have a key to fit a specific lock.     (I've seen versions on vending machines where both the lock and     the key can be re-configured to whatever keying pattern you     need. I guess that the idea is that if something happens to the     guy who fills the machines, all the machines can be re-keyed so     whatever was stolen from the other guy (other than the money)     will no longer work. Almost certainly the dispatching center     has a record of what each machine is currently set to.
    Or -- it could be a special tool for extracting pins in a     connector?
2277)    Alcohol fueled torches for jewelry work at a guess.
2278)    A shear which works on things sticking up through a board     (missing) and pivots around the big hole. I'm not sure what the     small holes are for -- perhaps guidance for drilling the holes     for what is to be cut. It is obvious that the handle is on only     one side of the blade, and the bevel of the blade favors the     down side.
2279)    Perhaps the back side of a wooden-handled brush, with the     bristles being the other ends of the brass or copper staples?
    Something like a curry comb for critters?
2280)    A carrying case for medical samples in small bottles? To be     carried to the lab?
    Perhaps for storing radiation dosimeters? (There should be a     re-charger for them there, then, and I see no space for that in     the case.)
    Perhaps for roll film.
    Perhaps for explosive charges?
    Now to post this and then see what others have posted.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

    But -- you didn't mention anywhere why you posted a day early. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

Stop your whinging we are a day ahead of you anyway, which would make us two days ahead of the normal posting

2278 is a cheese cutting knife, the holes help stop the cheese sticking to the blade
2275 a "hand hold vise", i only know the german word: Hammerkloben. A similar tool can be seen here, a Feilkloben: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feilkloben
greetings from germany Chris
Thanks for everyone's patience this week, I was on the road for a few days and just got back and posted the answers, all of them in this set were correctly identified, along with the answers there is a video of the the alcohol torch in use:
Rob