What is it? CLIX

This week's set has just been posted:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob
917. Is a fold down ceiling ladder to access the atic. 920, Ajustable shot measure for shotgun shells. Thanks Karl

If 917 is a fold-down ceiling ladder, then the dimension quoted seems strange... 16.75 inches for a little over 4 steps makes a 4 inch rise per step. I suggest it is something else, or the number is wrong.

915 (a,b): measures an angle/incline relative to "level"
916
917- folding ladder attic stairs (complicated version)
918
919
920- adjustable measure (kitchen? gunpowder?)
Dave

915 : Inclinometers. Both look like the types that can be attached to straightedges to measure over longer distances. 916 :
917 : Fold down stairs for a childs play house? They are a bit small for an adult
918 : Old can opener?
919 :
920 : Shot measure for loading shotshells.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

915a: Looks simple enough, it measures inclination of some item; you put the bottom against the thing whose angle you are measuring, adjest the top so it's level (using the bubble level), and read off the angle.
915b: Looks more expensive.
916: A mold, for what I don't know.
917: Escape ladder
918: Some sort of security wrench
919: I think they're upside-down.
920: Perhaps used for maintaining consistent spacing of some items.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

    O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual.
915a,b)    These appear to be devices for cliping on long straight edges     Perhaps wood ones in the first case, certainly metal ones in the     second case, to allow one to measure the angle of slope of     whatever the straightedge is resting on.
916)    Hmm ... a weight of some sort -- and not quite right for curtain     pulls, so I'll suggest that they may be for the curtains     themselves -- perhaps for curtains used in a theater to pull in     front of the stage.
917)    This looks like a folding attic stairs which disappears between     the rafters when not in use.
918)    Interesting, and hard to judge the diameter of the ring. It     looks to me to be for cutting holes -- perhaps in the wax poured     over preserves -- or perhaps for cleaning the holes in     candlesticks which have become filled with spilled wax.
919)    Perhaps for supporting insecticide candles? Perhaps the sulfur     ones used for decontaminating a house infected with termites?
920)    A powder measure -- I think for shotgun loads. The bottom     can be adjusted to different volumes of powder by rotating it     and moving the pin in the notch to a different stop.
    Now to see what others have said -- and then perhaps go to sleep. :-) (Late getting to this again.)
    Enjoy,         DoN.