What is it? CCIV

I found this one in a box of gun related items, I don't know how it's used but it looked close enough to the tool at this link that I figured they were for the same purpose:

R.H.

When squeezed shut..the chisel jams deep into the Berdan primer and as you open it..it rips out the primer cup

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The link below has some photos of an aluminum torus that someone found in their father's workshop after he passed away. I've heard some guesses on it, but haven't been able to verify any of them, maybe someone here will recognize it:

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Bunt Cookie mould

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What was the background of the Father... That could be anything from WWII part of some sort to a XRAY machine or anything. Sometimes Goo is flux, grease, or special chemical for a unique property that isn't plain to the causal viewer.

Mart> The link below has some photos of an aluminum torus that someone found

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Let's see. D is the diameter from the middle of the tube on one side to the middle of the tube on the other side. That would be (15.2 + 45.2) /

2 or 30,2 mm.

d is the diameter of the tube, or 15.2 mm.

Volume is 2.4674Dd^2. That would be 17.2 ml.

If it were solid aluminum it would weigh 45.4 g.

4 ounces is 113.5 g. That must be some very heavy paste.

I wonder where I went wrong...

Reply to
Bill Rider

I had asked him that question, here is his response:

"My Father, after retirement, had a small work area in the garage, mostly for puttsing around with lawn equipment and his car maintenance. How or why this object was there is anybody's guess, he did not do any precise work....he was a life long salesman."

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

What volume do you calculate? Is it really 113 grams?

Reply to
Bill Rider

Mine came out nearly the same as yours, so I guess he's got the weight wrong, I'll ask him about it.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.