What is it? CCIV

Page 2 of 2

1129: It's a roller. Probably you put 4 of them on a wooden frame and then you could roll the frame.
1130: Some sort of navigational instrument, perhaps for taking sun or star sightings.
1131: Manure stirrer.
1132: Sometimes a spade is not a spade. Entrenching tool, though, before they came up with the folding kind?
1133: Appears to be a sprinkler of some sort.
1134: Leather punch
1135: Perhaps some sort of pressure gauge.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

Well, here's what I got. Don't know what any of them are called:
1130 looks like some sort of optical device. Some kind of viewing instrument, perhaps? For measuring things?
1132 looks like it might be for cutting or chopping something, like a chisel, perhaps?
1134 looks like you could use to punch a hole in something -- put in in there, squeeze the handle, and the spike drives through it.
The link below has some photos of an aluminum torus that someone found in their father's workshop after he passed away. I've heard some guesses on it, but haven't been able to verify any of them, maybe someone here will recognize it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/album%207/torus.jpg
Rob

Bunt Cookie mould
Gunner
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
What was the background of the Father... That could be anything from WWII part of some sort to a XRAY machine or anything. Sometimes Goo is flux, grease, or special chemical for a unique property that isn't plain to the causal viewer.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
R.H. wrote:

-

I had asked him that question, here is his response:
"My Father, after retirement, had a small work area in the garage, mostly for puttsing around with lawn equipment and his car maintenance. How or why this object was there is anybody's guess, he did not do any precise work....he was a life long salesman."
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Mine came out nearly the same as yours, so I guess he's got the weight wrong, I'll ask him about it.
Rob
R.H. wrote:

Let's see. D is the diameter from the middle of the tube on one side to the middle of the tube on the other side. That would be (15.2 + 45.2) / 2 or 30,2 mm.
d is the diameter of the tube, or 15.2 mm.
Volume is 2.4674Dd^2. That would be 17.2 ml.
If it were solid aluminum it would weigh 45.4 g.
4 ounces is 113.5 g. That must be some very heavy paste.
I wonder where I went wrong...