What is a fair price for this dust collector (used)?

I've advertised a Reliant 1.5HP dust collector that I bought new from Woodworker's Warehouse a few years back. I also bought two of those monster felt dust bags. I'm asking $200 and not one single person even asked about it.

I used to live in the Northeast where garages, basements, outbuildings and long winters were ideal conditions for woodworking. I'm now in the South and it seems like no one is in interested in ww'ing.

Since I don't have a basement anymore, I've been selling off some of my less vital equipment. Wow, it's been tough. I've literally been throwing away some of my smaller tools and other household stuff since I can't even give them away.

This is the type of dust collector that I'm referring to. Same DC with different name.

anyone else experienced this problem?

Reply to
John

Grizzly Tools (very similar to the old Reliant's) sells their 2 HP model with 2.5 micron bags new for $295.

could be part of the problem.

Reply to
Nova

Maybe companies like HF, Penn State and Grizzly selling NEW 1.5 & 2hp dust collectors for $250-300 has something to do with it.

Reply to
lwasserm

Don't get too hasty, John. Markets on all sorts of things run hot and cold. Even in the south where your Northern-conditioned blood says that winter is warm, the locals still think that it's cold (colder, at least - I leved there for years). They'll return to more inside centered activities so don't throw things away price wise. Be patient. Later, C

Reply to
C & E