What I want for Christmas - General toys on sale

I went to my local Beaver Lumber/Home Hardware store today. While doing my customary obeisance to the General 350 and surreptitiously wiping my drool off, I noticed a flyer on the adjoining jointer. General are having a sale. For those of you living so far in the boondocks as to not have a local General distributor in your neighbourhood, the flyers are here:

Marilyn wants to buy me the 8" jointer for Christmas (the real one, not the cheaper Chiwanese ones). Except I've got no room to put it until I add the 8' to the shop next spring. On the other hand, maybe I can put it on the mobile base. Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

That would be the 650 for me... But, what is this? Oh, My - American's have invaded the Canadian Marketing Departments. Lasers on Bandsaws, and Millennium Edition tools. Fear for you lives - RUN....

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

A 4 car garage!

Reply to
evodawg

Canadian 15" drill press in 2002.

The brochure shows a price of $1289 for the General 15" drill press. Maybe this is an MSRP and the selling price is a lot less, I don't know. I did find a online store listing the General 15" drill press for $1149.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert