What cleaner do you use to wipe before spraying?

When I spray cars I use a cleaner to remove wax and grease before I sand, you also use it after you sand. You give it a final wipe with the cleaner before you spray on the primer, then you use a tack cloth just before spraying.
What I am trying to find out is what do you use when you are preparing wood to be sprayed. 1) After the final sanding what do you wipe the wood down with? 2) After you apply the stain and it has dried what do you use to wipe? 3) Just before you spray on nitrocellulose lacquer what do you wipe with?
Thanks in advance Denny B
Denny, I would not use a tack cloth...period. All t hat will do is to possibly add the tackniness stuff to your wrokpiece. I use paper towel mostened with whatever is the thinner of the stuff you are about to spray. Whether it be water, alcohol, naptha or what, it will pick up the residue and dirt and will not interfere with what you will be spraying. If you sand betrween coats, the same method holds.
I wouldn't use alcohol as a sanding lube/wipe on shellac, or lacquer thinner on lacquer.
Mineral spirits my choice for final unfinished wipe, and between coats lube/wipe. But not after oil stain and before first finish.

add
will
the
calmly ranted:

What cleaner? The painter at the body shop I worked at used a lot of naphtha and lacquer thinner/retarder.

Blow it off with air, then wipe with denatured alcohol.

Nothing. I don't stain.

I always have a gallon of lacquer thinner on hand and would use that before a lacquer finish if I used lacquer.
.-. Life is short. Eat dessert first! --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Interested in automotive cleaners, check here.
http://www.autobodystore.com/ms8.htm
Denny B
I NEVER use a tack cloth. I vacuum with a brush nozzle and then blow off the piece with compressed air. Works for me. YMMV.
David