What are reasonable expectations for cabinet craftsmanship?

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I know. But back then I didn't know Leon, and even now, I don't think he'd come to the NYC area to hang some cabinets. And I know I am not up to the task of professional looking cabinets.

Reply to
Han

...and who could tell the difference anyway?

Typically they will be replaced in 20-30 years due to pressure from the Home show soaps that always brainwash the public to get rid of "dated" things and replace them with same styled ones that the other show just took out because ***THEY*** were dated.

Reply to
m II

"m II" wrote in news:Jcauq.21624$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

We made the kitchen the way we wanted it, not because it was in fashion. Likely things will be replaced in 20-30 years after they've carried my wife and me out feet first. Not my concern.

And if I dowant to make changes, don't worry. I will.

Reply to
Han

LOL! I hear ya'!, agree with ya' and feel the same way. Many times it's not our decision if we want to sleep or have other activities at night.

The main point was the difference between $300 per linear foot and $1200 per linear foot. Most will never know or be able to tell the difference except in the wording. Longevity is not an issue and moot in the selection of quality, within reason, of course.

And if I dowant to make changes, don't worry. I will.

------ "m II" wrote in news:Jcauq.21624$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

Reply to
Josepi