Well everthing just went on hold

We are about to sign the paper work on our new (old) house. It is the house up on the hill, with 3.4 acres. My new shop will still be the garage, but it is a 2.5 car garage vs. 1 car. Now to get this joint sold.
Mark

That's great! Congratulations.

Pictures at
http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Images/NewHome/index.html
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Looks nice, except for all that mowing it'll need. Tom

The wife wants a Deere.
Mark
Markem wrote:

What I want to know is what you had to give up to get her to mow that lawn. MY wife would look at that expanse and say "Hmm ... I wonder what's on Oprah today?"
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Mowing the lawn yea right, more along the line of "I am not pushing the wheel barrel up and down the hills". I simpler terms she is a gardener the yard is hilly. Mowing the lawn I am sure will stay my responsibility along with getting the trash to the curb, ect ect ect. But the vegetable and herb gardens are mine.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Markem wrote:

She handles the flower garden?
One pass with a tiller. One pass with a broadcast seeder filled with wildflower mix. Set an impulse sprinkler head up and it's "back to the important stuff in the shop".
;-)
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Markem wrote:

Whatever you do ... do NOT fertilize or water! (Weed killers are okay)
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

At least it ain't Zoysia. No weed killer, no fertilizer and no water, save what falls from the sky.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

I suppose renting it out is out of the question? Tom

The possibility of being a landlord does not appeal.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Garages are for cars?
Congratulations.

Not this one, carports are though.
Mark

Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion. Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too.
And just think of all the new tools you >must< have to do proper maintenance on an older home! I personally don't know how you can do routine house maintenance without a bandsaw, tablesaw, HVLP machine, a couple of lathes, a stationary sander, and on an on. Hope the SO understands that!
;^)
Robert
On 2 May 2007 23:27:26 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

I had to promise no new tools for 6 months, but as I have a few......
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Markem wrote:

Joe

Not necessarily. Mine was built in the 1920s and has a double sliding barn-style door that simply doesn't open wide enough to allow a car to get inside. Therefore, my shop, which started out in the dedicated space behind the garage, has grown to take over the entire garage as well.
Not that I'm complaining, of course.
On Thu, 03 May 2007 20:09:35 GMT, Brian Henderson

Model T might fit or a Mini Cooper?
Mark
On Thu, 03 May 2007 17:15:37 -0500, Markem

I got my car inside once, just to see if I could do it, it made it with about an inch to spare on each side but the garage is too shallow to close the door again without hitting the rear bumper and at that point, you're trapped in the garage with your car unless you climb over the car.
It was originally intended for horses and the like, it even has the old openings in front of it for heating oil and presumably there's still a tank underneath somewhere.