Way OT - Looking to hire a Unix guy

I realize this is off-topic, but no moreso than NHRA facts (which were awesome, by the way) so here goes. I know there are a lot of techie types such as myself that participate in the newsgroup, so I thought I'd throw this out. I work as a systems engineer (Wintel) for a consulting company/VAR in the Chicago area. My boss has decided that doesn't keep me busy enough, and has given me the task of finding candidates for a position we're trying to fill. What we're looking for a HP9000/Unix (is that redundant?) person to do system builds and installations. I've got lots more details, but I don't want to bore everyone, so if you're qualified, drop me an email. Right now, I only know what was in the email from my boss, but we're going to talk more tomorrow. For instance, I don't know if we have a preference for local applicants. Anyway, I know the job market's tough, so I thought I'd ask here before I start plodding through monster.com.

todd

Reply to
todd

HP9000/HP-UX is right up my alley. I was responsible for the HP-UX Reference for all HP-UX releases from 5.0 through 9.0, including networking. After that I was responsible for the online help for sam(1M) from 1993 through 1999 when I hung it up and retired. Got my fill of corporate politics. I was also the principle author of "The Ultimate Guide to the Vi and Ex Text Editors" which was published under HP's name, and wrote a good tutorial on sed(1) and a bunch of stuff on nroff/troff. And if you can't use troff to lay out the artwork for a printed circuit, you don't know troff. :-)

However, I'm not terribly inclined to get back into "the business", and I'm not looking to relocate from Colorado.

Clarke

todd wrote:

Reply to
Clarke Echols

Just out of curiosity, why did you bother replying then?

Reply to
Jeff P.

The real fun of this group is replying to things that don't pertain to us. If we didn't we wouldn't have very many conversations and absolutely no heated arguments. :)

Reply to
Young_carpenter