Waterborne finishes spray on pretty well, after all...

Today was my first try at spraying waterborne poly. More specifically; Enduro sealer, followed by Enduro semi-gloss. The big improvement that I was looking for over poly is the quick drying time and I was NOT disappointed! The stuff goes on fine even on a humid day, as long as it's over 60. I sprayed around 65 - 68 degrees, with a touch of flow-out conditioner to play it safe. If the finish holds up well, I might use this on many more projects to avoid the toxic and flammable stuff! I also have the catalyst that is supposed to make the surface 5

- 7 times harder than without, but I'll save that for tops. Anyone had any experience with the catalyst?

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Today was my first try at spraying waterborne poly. More specifically; Enduro sealer, followed by Enduro semi-gloss. The big improvement that I was looking for over poly is the quick drying time and I was NOT disappointed! The stuff goes on fine even on a humid day, as long as it's over 60. I sprayed around 65 - 68 degrees, with a touch of flow-out conditioner to play it safe. If the finish holds up well, I might use this on many more projects to avoid the toxic and flammable stuff! I also have the catalyst that is supposed to make the surface 5

- 7 times harder than without, but I'll save that for tops. Anyone had any experience with the catalyst?

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

don't thin the waterbased Enduro! just a "touch" of flow-out. tip is .041. works like a frickin' CHARM! Love it! You don't want to thin the Enduro and you shouldn't need to. oh, #9 cap. I also have a .061 for latex. thinking about the .036 for lac but not sure if I want to blow up the house! :)

dave

FOW wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I just didn't want you trying to find a non-existent tip! :)

dave

FOW wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave