Warped Antique Box Top - Help!

I have an antique jewelry box, and the lid won't shut because it is warped. (The front right corner rises about 1/2" above the top of the box body.)
The wood is stained medium-dark, and I'm pretty sure the box is veneered, not solid wood.
How can I get the lid back into shape without damaging the finish? Can I simply clamp it between two flat boards or metal panels and slowly tighten? How long will it take for the wood to recognize its new shape? Will I need to use moisture? Can I use moisture without messing up the finish?
Many thanks for the advice! Squanklin

Got bad news ,there is virtually no way to remove a warp in the box top, being in the antique business in an earlier life I have tried many times...mjh
Would steaming -- then bending on a form help? Just curious -- anyone tried that?
mike hide wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Squanklin wrote:

Good chance of that. Most times with antiques (and cars) people value the _original_ finish. It might be worth more now "damaged" than repaired.
or potentially the glue holding the veneer?
If it is veneer -- then yes.
Anyone with more

Any action is high risk. What is the value of the piece? That is what I would look at - risk vs reward.
Best advice I can give is put your feet up and think --and -- collect some more opinions from people who can physically examine the box.
Can you take a digital photo and post it somehow? On a web site or on news://altbinaries.pictures.woodworking ?
You could probably get better ideas then.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek