Varnishing Mahogany

I have put Teak oil on my Mahogany door and facings/ window shelves, and was wondering if i can varnish on top of this to give it a more durable surface.
Regards
John
well, considering that varnish is, in fact, oil (along with resin and driers, etc), of course you can! Just make sure the oil is dry. Pure teak oil takes ages to dry...
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:38:44 +0000, John wrote:

It might be prudent to wipe it down with acetone first.
Give the oil at least two days to cure, then feel free to apply varnish. They are compatible.
Preston