Vacuum pressing - sufficient clamping pressure?

I'm wondering if I can use vacuum clamping to glue up table legs. I'd like to laminate 3 pieces of hard maple that are ~1x3x36" and I need to make up around 50 of them. Provided the material is flat and well surfaced, will atmospheric pressure provide sufficient clamping pressure for a nearly invisible glue line? Or am I better off throwing them in the clamp rack? Probably the latter, I'd guess, but I'm not totally confident of my understanding of atmospheric pressure. It's 1774 per square foot, right? I can easily get more than that with bar clamps. Maybe I answered my own question.
JP
"Jay Pique" wrote:

It is a matter of resources.
How many clamps do you have?
How much space can you dedicate for a glue up to cure either in clamps or in a vacuum bag(s).
You could probably glue up 4 legs at a pop in a vacuum bag; however, you will have to leave the bag in place until the glue cures.
When working with a vacuum bag, you are dealing with atmospheric pressure which is 14.7 Pounds per Square Inch at sea level.
That's more than enough pressure to collapse most buildings so no need to sweat some leg glue ups.
You will get better uniformity of clamping pressure with a vacuum bag than you will with clamps; however, either will work.
Have fun.
Lew