Vacuum cleaner question

We tried a similar replacement kit from a local dealer. Although it was significantly more expensive than online sources, it still didn't seem to clean as well as the $159 Eureka upright, so back it went.

We're leaving the tubing and turbine in place, in case we ever sell the home. If the $100 replacement kit mentioned by another poster pans out, I may purchase it just to keep the built-in usable for the possible resale value.

When we bought this house in '96, we had a $450 Kenmore canister unit. If I knew that the central vac was going to be as average as it was, I wouldn't have given the Kenmore away. I put the Eureka right on par with the Kenmore, with our central unit being comparable to an average portable.

We ended up buying the Eureka based on this article

and were not disappointed.

My in laws installed a system in their last home, but didn't bother to include it in the new home they recently built. Maybe we both ended up with crappy examples of central vac systems, but both of us expected much better performance for the price.

Thanks for the link!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I had a central vac system and thought it was a PITA. It was in my house when I bought the house and had been purchased and installed when the house was built in 1984. Far easier and cheaper to just buy a decent upright for each floor of the house. They work better (at least better than my central vac) are easier to use than that 25 foot hose and are easier to put away out of sight when done and no carrying anything up and down the stairs.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall