Used mini / midi lathe wanted

A fellow I work with has decided that he would like to make pens, too. However he has neither a lathe nor an internet connection so he asked me to scout out an inexpensive lathe for him. He lives in Detroit.
Bill
Why not a brand new one with a warranty? It is not very expensive.
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid 4547
S.B.

Hi Bill
Bill google Home Depot they have the Delta midi lathe for $269.99 or you can go to a home depot in Canada and pick one up for $299.--. Trying to find a used mini is going to be hard, the little Delta and Jet midi lathes are wanted all over and most people who have one keep them even when they upgrade to larger lathes. The real small pen lathes are just that, pen lathes can't turn anything bigger and not even very good for pens, accessories are not easy to get etc.
Have fun and take care Leo Van Der Loo
W Canaday wrote:

Someone just posted a used jet mini lathe with accessories for $200 in this group.
W Canaday wrote:

Bill: See my ad a few posts doen from yours, then ping me.
Bob Schmall