Unisaw R/I motor rotation direction question

Hello All:
I have an older Unisaw with a repulsion/induction motor. These motors have an adjustment for the brush location which should change the direction of rotation. On my motor, that adjustment has no effect and the motor runs in the wrong direction no matter what I do.
Can any of you suggest what might be causing this and how I could fix it?
Thanks,
Jim
Jim Martin wrote:

Take it to a competent motor man.
UA100

Hi Keith:
Turns out that I had to rotate the brush holder WAY past the indicator mark. Runs great now and does not have that acceleration lag we talked about last week. That lag was apparently due to the fact that the motor was wired for 220 but the plug was a 110. Not sure how your saw is set up but if you have that lag you might want to check the wiring. Anyway, once I wired it up properly it insisted on running the wrong way till Rob Peterson recommended rotating the brushes much further than the idicator marks.
The $200 Unisaw (well now I guess it has added up to a little over $500 with $50 worth of bearings, a $210 fence, and a $47 top) is now ready to go to work for another half century.
Cheers,
Jim
Cheers,
Jim