unfortunate

Time you should visit real life. Many people work for only one reason -- to make enough money to buy drugs or beer. They don't give a damn about the quality of work they do or who gets hurt if they make crap.

A few more people work to buy food and a shabby room with a TV to live in. Still more work just until they can collect a SS check. Hell, there are some that don't even work and just want the welfare check.

People of this sort exist everywhere and are in every age bracket. Nothing you can say or do is going to convince them otherwise. Give them a chainsaw and they don't give a damn about 500 year old oak tree either.

I'm glad you like the work you do and take pride in accomplishing something. Many of us do, but there are always going to be the others. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

It was indeed described as a Famous tree.

Reply to
Leon

I can honestly say that I have been fortunate enough to have never worked with anyone that dumb.

Reply to
Leon

In article , bub209 @aol.com says... ... snip

... you trying to say there is a direct correlation between those two events?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yep, that tree sure is ruining the view....look how big it is.. We better get to work, I can't believe they only gave us 1 day for this job.

Wayne K.

Uh huh... Probably had to take extra time to remove the guard rails also.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, and I'll bet the brass plaque saying something on the order of "Village Famous Tree" really screwed up a couple of saw chains before they finally got through it.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yup. That mentality really does exist. Many years ago, when my wife and I first married, I discovered that her ex ran over small trees or cut down larger ones because they interfered with straight progress of the lawn mower.

We planted about 65 trees in the first 2-3 years we were married.

Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
Charlie Self

No, I didn't get Dutch Elm bugs in my scalp, but If I ever wrote a novel, those two bittersweet events would be tied together. In 1960 when I moved to the Chicago suburbs all the streets in my neighbor- hood were the floors of magnificent 60 foot gothic archways created by the elms; there were at least a couple of mature trees on the parkway of each house. By 1968 as my hairline began to recede the trees were being decimated. Two parallel events, my way of getting some humor out of it. Maybe if I'd started using some Rogaine, the trees would have come back.

Reply to
BUB 209

:-) Between the two of us, maybe we could revive the elms and the American Chestnut if we started using Rogaine.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

If that's what it takes, count me in too.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax