TV stand

I need some help locating a magazine article/plan. Some time in the past year or two I saw pictures of a flat screen TV stand/cabinet that allowed the top to be pulled forward, easing access to the TV back and the components on the shelf below. Of course, now that we are shopping for a new TV, I cannot find the article. Anybody remember this?
I'm not sure I'd build it as designed since it required fastening to the wall to prevent tipping, but I recall that my wife thought it "looked nice" when I showed it to her.
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:57:00 AM UTC-6, Larry Kraus wrote:

Wow... the last year or two... no magazine reference, no internet reference, no woodworking TV show... just saw it somewhere. Long shot, indeed.
Maybe this will help you get going.
http://goo.gl/bv71tY
Robert

Robert! Kim and I will be in SA this weekend, a busy schedule. We will arrive Friday evening and will be there until Sunday noon. We and my son are going there to visit his GF, a traveling nurse.
If you are interested in meeting give me a call and we will see what we can muster up. We "may" be going to Bandara on Sat but should be back that evening.
We are staying at the Townplace Suites by Marriott , 409 E. Houston St.
We think we will be chilling somewhere along the river walk in that area tomorrow evening.
If yall are interested give me a call.
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:30:42 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Leon, check your email. Kathy and I have a very sudden "family emergency" that will keep us occupied on Friday, but if you are here on Saturday (there is only so much to do in Bandera, bub!) evening, we might be able to get together. It would be fun!
Robert

Don't miss an opportunity to meet la GF.
You will approve...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Hanna, Bryan's GF has relatives all over the country. She has some in Bandara on what I understand to be a small ranch. I may not be worth a trip for a few hours.... we'll see. I hope to be back in SA before dark if we go.
This is sort of a farewell visit for Hanna, she moves to Oregon in a few weeks for about 6 months. In the last 18 months she has lived in Houston, Arizona, and SA. Apparently this pays extremely well.

remember the "gadgetry" of the sliding top (on full extension slides). Spent most of the morning Googling, browsing through stacks of magazines , looking through some of the digital mags I have, getting sidetracked...
Leon, I'm pretty sure it was a magazine plan, and the TV sat on the top. As I recall they did not make a big deal of the sliding top and the "screw the cabinet to the wall" requirement was kind of snuck in near the end. If I kept that feature I'd probably add a fold down leg to support the top during wiring changes.
If I can't find it I may borrow some styling ideas here: http://www.greendesigns.com/index.html?store/new_items/new .
On 11/13/2014 12:56 PM, Larry Kraus wrote:

Gotcha.
On 11/13/2014 10:56 AM, Larry Kraus wrote:

Are you sure you did not see MY TV stand/console? I designed mine like that.
My top lifts off, not shown but that is not complicated.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10495711233/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/10483001133/in/photostream/
On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:57:00 AM UTC-6, Larry Kraus wrote:

"Full motion wall mount TV stand", attaches to the wall or back of a cabinet. I didn't see any woodworking plans, but you might be able to glean a construction plan from some pictures. https://www.google.com/search?q=standard+full-motion+tv+wall+mount&rlz 1PQHA_enUS574US586&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=X_dkVIHfBcynNsi_gbgM&ved AkQ_AUoAg&biw80&bih1
I suppose you want to make one, since you asked for plans, but if not, you can purchase a good one for less than $100. No matter which, if wall mounted, make sure your wall is supportive enough, for the anchoring/weight.
Sonny
On 11/13/2014 1:31 PM, Sonny wrote:

This looking like a TV Christmas. I want to add a 40-50" TV/monitor to the man cave computer (which will get one of those wall mounts), and don't feel right leaving my wife squinting at the 25" CRT in the living room. That room is big enough to justify something in the 55-65" range - which means the 25 year old entertainment center isn't going to work anymore.
I want a quality bit of furniture, but prices on that link I posted earlier run $5k-6k, and similar pieces in solid oak or cherry from local Amish builders are still near $1000. I'm sitting here retired, with a shop full of tools, a good stash of lumber and a wife who thinks I should a least *look* busier. It's getting too cold to get out of her sight on my motorcycle. So, I'm looking at ideas....
Initially, I thought you wanted something to move the TV, only, not a whole cabinet or similar.
How about a sliding (kitchen) counter top, for your proposed cabinet? I have no experience with this type of counter top. Here's some hardware: http://www.hafele.com.sg/sg/en/news-and-events/26869.asp
Sonny
"Larry Kraus" wrote
Leon, I'm pretty sure it was a magazine plan, and the TV sat on the top. As I recall they did not make a big deal of the sliding top and the "screw the cabinet to the wall" requirement was kind of snuck in near the end. If I kept that feature I'd probably add a fold down leg to support the top during wiring changes. ********************* If it were me, I would incorporate a hidden compartment in a toe kick space, and put 3 or 4, 4"x8"x16" cap block in. Make it open on the back side. Set the unit almost in place, put the cap block in and slide it back against the wall. No legs or screws needed.
Jim in NC