Turning 40 next month...

Hey, I'm not suggesting that it is a truly valid argument, just that it could used to rationalize the purchase of the Porsche. If I could talk myself into the purchase of a Porsche with the idea that it might save me money somewhere else, then Hell, I'm game.

Reply to
Upscale

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:17:30 GMT, "Mike Marlow" calmly ranted:

In that case, definitely make it a 928. That's a V-8, not a flimsy oversexed volkswagon engine. I took my foot out of it to let it drop out of 1st gear and slow down for the freeway. Benzy put nice auto-trannies in those things. On the way back from the test drive, I had to slow down for traffic so I only got it up to 125mph (on Hwy 78 in LoCal, if anyone groks it.) One car pulled out in front of me when I had slowed down to

80 and I almost spilled my beer. (Yeah, those were the crazy days just before I quit drinking.) Ayup, a 928 is the only Porsche I'd stoop to own.
--- Is it time for your medication or mine?
Custom Website Applications
Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you really want to spend money I'll be turning 58 in a couple months and the fence on my tablesaw is junk. I could really use a new one.

Congrats on making it to 40 anyway.

Rick

Reply to
RKG

Congrats.

I'm 59 today. No major tool purchases planned for it though. Maybe next year.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This is true. But the 60's vintage Porsches have quite a bit of interior room. With the back seat folded down, there is plenty of room to put a serious dent in the old Visa. :)

Reply to
The Guy

Unfortunately, many of the later Porsches are not really "adult sized" cars. I am 6' 04" and 275lbs. It would require surgery to get me into a

928. :) Besides, the 4 cyl 912s are less expensive to purchase and maintain, and that leaves $$ for my woodowrking tool habit. :)

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

Reply to