Turning 40 next month...

funny... I'm also turning 40 in october.
I feel like I need to stop spending so much money on tools... but I dont really think I will...
john smith wrote:

John...
Congratulations on turning 40! (If you're not pleased with this, consider what the alternatives are.)
Suggestions? Sure! It's fun to help people spend their money on tools. What tools do you already have that you especially like; and what kind of projects do you most enjoy?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

One of the bronze plane makers should bring out an engraved "40th Birthday" model.
They could call it the "NeanderHarley"
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:10:16 +0100, Andy Dingley

I actually did buy myself a "Neander Harley" for my 39th birthday.
Another bicycle to add to my arsenal. <G>
Barry
john smith wrote:

What day in October? I turn 51 on the 16th. SWMBO gave me permission to buy a DC for an early birthday / christmas present. It helps to be married to the cabinetmaker's daughter. Joe
P.S. A Porsche is nice, but how would you carry a sheet of plywood and 2 x 4's from the borg.
What day? We will all want to celebrate don'tyaknow. Mine will be 50 in October, on the 12th. No, I do not worship Columbo. But I keep getting the "what do you want" question and I just cannot narrow it down enough to reply.

Bill Pounds responds:

Mine is October 10, but it's a wee bit past 40. As I turned 40, I was single and in a new state and enjoying life. And I was SPENDING some money, even if I drove a blue pick-up instead of a red convertible.
Family tradition: my father's birthday was 10/13.
Charlie Self "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill