Tung oil stone

I was applying tung oil on a wooden chair outdoors and got some tiny drops of tung oil on our flagstone. I would like to know if 1) I can remove the oil through some manageable method (ie, power washing, degreaser, but not sanding or sand blasting) or 2) I can use tung oil to seal the stone or apply some other sealing product which will be compatible with tung oil. Stone sealers seem to be oil repellant/ resistant when cured but I don't know if the application has to be oil free. Thanks to any help.

While woodworkers do use tung oil on wood, we probably never use it on flagstone. I suggest you contact your local rock yard and inquire with them. Tiny drops should dissipate after a few weeks.

Actually, I've read that tung oil was used to seal the Great Wall of China, and is still often used to seal stone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tung_oil
http://www.mastergardenproducts.com/tungoil.htm
--
FF

If it'll dissipate in a few weeks I won't worry about it. Or I'll just flip the stones over. My concern is that it'll dry and polymerize as it would in wood and become semi-permanent. But If I can find a recipe for stone sealer using tung oil and make the whole thing look even, I just might try it. That wiki link seems to suggest 1:5 Tung:Naptha.

If it'll dissipate in a few weeks I won't worry about it. Or I'll just flip the stones over. My concern is that it'll dry and polymerize as it would in wood and become semi-permanent. But If I can find a recipe for stone sealer using tung oil and make the whole thing look even, I just might try it. That wiki link seems to suggest 1:5 Tung:Naptha.
You don't state where you are, but "weathering" will probably take care of it within a year, especially if a freeze-thaw cycle is involved.
If you are in ths sun belt, let the UV rays solve the problem.
Lew
I'm in Michigan so freeze-thaw is involved. Glad to hear the stone is not ruined. Thanks for all the info.

Swarfega might just remove the oil? Apply it in dry conditions though.