Treated Lumber for Birdhouses -- REALLY!!!

Page 2 of 2
calmly ranted:

And mothers who clean everything and keep the bugs out of the way of their children are baffled when the same previously bug-free child comes home every other week from a dirty school with a cold, flu, etc. Keep your house dirty. Kids will develop antibodies and WORKING immune systems. Besides, most of those bug killing cleaners leave toxic films or kill off good bugs in the kids' bodies.
And the medical community overprescribed antibiotics TWENTY MILLION times last year alone. UPDATE: Medical System now the leading cause of... http://tinyurl.com/u2jt

I will happily lick the receiving area, put a glue- backed warning label there, and rub it down. Just call me!

Eat Right. Keep Fit. Die Anyway.
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
I keep trying to explain that philosophy to my wife when the kids come home from the beach with their pockets full of crabs, clams and limpets.... She still looks at me with a deep sideways glance :)
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Larry Jaques" <novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com> wrote in message
calmly ranted:

In the case of shellfish, Clorox is a necessity.
======================================================== Save the Whales + http://www.diversify.com Collect the whole set! + Website design and graphics ========================================================

4wiw -- when I built my last purple martin house, I used exterior plywood, painted the outside with latex paint and the interior I brushed with boiled linseed oil. The bird's seem happy with it, but I incorporated an experimental bat house design in the lower part, and have yet to see any bats nesting in it (I didn't have luck with an earlier cedar bat-house, built with plans from Bat Conservation International, either).

I put a bathouse up last year and haven't seen any activity either. I suspect that the neighborhood is too closed with mature trees for them and the house isn't either high enough or there are too many trees around.
djb

Dave, I helped my neighbor put one up last year ( a pre-made one) and the label on it said even if installed exactly right it may take bats up to four years to move in. Allen

Guess I'll try to be patient, then. <g>

... And I'll save up mosquitoes for them. <G>

They haven't hit in force here yet, thank goodness, but we've not had significant rain yet (or for the last 4 years, for that matter).
OBWW: The bathouse is made of untreated pine, and colored dark brown with an outdoor opaque stain.
djb