Tool Box Plans

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can help me find some good plans for a toolbox- the kind that will hold each and every tool in its own place. I am thinking of a great looking old chest on the cover of an Ortho Basic Home Repairs book. Any good sources, or does someone know the box I am refering to and have plans for it?
Thanks in advance.
Bob
Are you talking about a machinists tool chest? One with all the little drawers?
John
Norm did one a while back.
http://www.newyankee.com/2003.shtml
bottom of the page.
There is also one at the "Fine Woodworking" site, along with a reference to an entire Taunton book on the subject.
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00100.asp
Len ------------------
Bob wrote:

These are usually designed by the woodworker himself, because only he knows what tools he has. For example, the plane rack in my tool box has holders for three jack planes, this would be inappropriate if you don't have three.
Also, woodworker's tool inventory will vary over time, so the tool holders need to be removeable so you can change them.
Designing tool holders is fun and it helps thin out the offcuts/scrap pile.
snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com (Bob) wrote in message

snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com (Bob) wrote in message

Try this Bob: http://www.u-bild.com/projects-indoor/788.htm
Glenn www.metalbashatorium.com
The problem with most "tool boxes" is all those damn drawers. Until things find their homes, a process that can take a while, you play "nope, not in that drawer" games. And if you load it up with tools you'll find it's too heavy to lift. If you put it on wheels you'll be shoving it all around the shop.
Think wall hanging tool cabinet - with storage in the doors too. Floor space is always at a premium so use the wall space. With doors that can hold tools you can almost double the effective wall space.
If you make the cabinet and doors then fill with modules for your tools you a) use a lot of "scraps" b) get to try lots of different types of joints on the various modules c) can easily rearrange things 'til you find a set up that works for your tools.
You'll be amazed how many tools you can fit into a wall hanging tool cabinet. AND you open the doors - they're all right in plane sight - no "nope, not in that drawer". The bonus is that being able to see all the tools, in their context, you'll be able to find the tool you want - in the dark.
I've got a memory like a sieve and can lose a lit flashlight in a dark room. But - I can go right to every tool in my right wall hanging tool cabinet.
This one's mine. Make yours to suit your needs. (all one line so watch the line wrap) www.wood-workers.com/users/charlieb/RightToolCabinet.html