To polyurathane or not..

I'm replacing a couple of window sills with red oak. Using Watco danish oil (natural) and was thinking about using poly over it. Then I remember reading even outdoor poly can peel and turn yellow in sunlight and moisture. I think just the oil will be fine, just re-apply every now and then when needed. Think this will be o.k.?
Thanks
Jimmy wrote:
> I'm replacing a couple of window sills with red oak. Using Watco danish oil > (natural) and was thinking about using poly over it. Then I remember reading > even outdoor poly can peel and turn yellow in sunlight and moisture. > I think just the oil will be fine, just re-apply every now and then when > needed. > Think this will be o.k.?
Doubt it.
You need a poly with UV inhibitors for outdoor applications such as is available from marine chandlers.
Check out Jamestown Distributors.
Lew
Jimmy, I've had excellent results on sills and other projects using Watco and poly together 50/50 mixture with 2 final coats of straight poly. I use a brand called "Man 'o' War". It's for gym floors. Gene