Tinting Shellac or Varnish?

Is it possible? To add a little alcohol soluble dye to either?
Certainly, done all the time. http://www.woodfinishingsupplies.com/Dyes.htm

I use www.homesteadfinishing.com TransTint liquid dyes that can be used in WB, oil based and laquer and maybe more. Jeff has several forums there that are very helpful. I haven't been able to get to Russ's www.woodfinishingsupplies.com site for several days.

According to the guys from Zinser, you can tint shellac with universal colorants or aniline dyes. I saw it demonstrated Saturday.

family.net says...

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods