tin says to use a synthetic brush

I'm using some Ronseal diamond hard satin clear 'water based' varnish on a table top. It says on the tin to use a *synthetic filament * brush, which is annoying, since all my brushes are bristle.
Would using a synthetic brush make any noticeable difference to the final finish? Anyone know why they would recommend a synthetic brush please?

YES! use a synthetic brush with a water based product. You wake up in the morning and your hair is wild and wooly, you jump in the shower and wet you hair down and it become limp. Water based products make you natural bristle brushes limp also.
Also, don't buy a cheap synthetic. Look for Purdy, Lindser, Wooster, etc.
johngood_____ wrote:

I don't suppose the manufacturer would know anything about their product, huh?
But it isn't only Ronseal, synthetic bristle brushes work _much_ better w/ water-based finishes owing to the tendency of water to soften natural bristle. If you're at all interested in a quality finish, follow the recommendation and use a good quality brush, not a 50-cent cheapie.

Because it works better and gives a better finish?
wrote in message

You Wag sir
snipped-for-privacy@voidacious.net says...

I've ruined a perfectly good high quality bristle paintbrush with water-based polyurethane. (didn't say anything about it on the tin, unfortunately). The stuff just goes off in the higher parts of the brush. Also it doesn't flow out very well, which makes for a patchy/streaky finish. It flows much better out of synthetic brushes and it doesn't stick to the filaments the way it sticks to bristles, so you don't end up chucking your favourite finishing brush after the first coat.
-P.
Peter Huebner wrote:

are doing. You have to work really fast with water based products to avoid lap marks. A spray gun would be better if you can use one.