This Old House project Washington DC

Watching reruns of "TOH" and the local TV is running the Washington DC house.

It's not holding up. For the project, the house was gutted to the brick walls and then rebuilt. They did a lot of work inside/outside. Today the second/third floor windows are boarded with plywood. Or at least they were as of the Google street photos.

I wonder how the other TOH project houses made out over time? I guess the million dollar do-overs are doing ok, but with fall of the real estate marketing, some of those homes had to have lost value.

mjmwallace

That image seems like it was prior to the project. How did they redo the steps. Didin't they make all the windows match, etc.?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Google dates the photo as 2010. If you zoom in on the steps, they are NOT the original steps but the new fabricated ones. I just watched the show where they went to the guy's shop who rebuilt them.

The windows were all matched out but something happened. The second and third floor windows are boarded up. Another fire?

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Google photo must be old. My house has Xmas lights on it in the google photo. I have not had any up for over 8 years.

Plus TOH did a follow up this year (2010?) All was good.

Mike > Watching reruns of "TOH" and the local TV is running

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

They revisited the job in Austin recently. The only negative developments I recall were the finish on the hardwood floors wasn't holding up (I think the owners wanted a "green" finish) and the outdoor yoga/coffee deck hadn't been used much since it was usually too hot outside.

Reply to
DGDevin