The stars are aligning....

I love it when a plan comes together. I've been telling my sister that I'd fix her folding closet doors for a while now so they didn't catch on the new carpet. She's been telling me for a while that she doesn't know what to get me for Christmas. Hmmmm....what to do......
Have her order me the Veritas Low Angle Block Plane from Lee Valley - that's what!!! Thanks Lynne!!!
But that's not all - my other sister got me the Veritas Sharpening System (honing guide/angle jig) for my long dull chisels, which will hopefully be here around the same time. (Amazon playing games with shipping or something - shoulda gone direct to LV I told her.)
Now I'm REALLY ready to roll. The 1000/6000 grit combo waterstone that I purchased through Amazon with a Borders gift certificate rounds out the plan.
Heh. I guess this is a gloat. Sorry - I'm just psyched.
JP ************************ Also picked up a couple of those tapered round paintbrushes for a painter that lets me borrow his ladders when I need them. He's on to interior work now so hopefully they'll come soon too.
Jay Pique wrote:

Little late/early for a Christmas present, isn't it? :)
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:30:15 -0500, Silvan

It's never too late.....I hope! Especially since SWMBO *still* hasn't gotten hers from me yet. (thumping new computer speakers, though, which she'll love)
I've sometimes toyed with the idea of doing all presents post-New Year, but it seems to me that most of the good sales (on tools anyway) happen before or right around Christmas. Of course you sure could save a bundle on wrapping paper if you did wait.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

We buy next year's wrapping paper right after.