test to see if group is back online

Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has had no activity for weeks. Thanks Lyndell P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.
ping

Thanks Bob. I had to do a total reset here and everything is back up. Have not got anything since 3/29/08. It will take a while to catch up. :-) Lyndell

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Lyndell Thompson wrote:

LT:
You're going to like this. Several of my newsgroups coming through Earthlink stopped their feeds late last month. Before that, I had a doubling of some recent posts in certain ngs. After talking to India several times, where the focus was on selling me "tune-up software irrelevant to the problem, I protested both to the sales arm of the company and made a call to corporate HQ, where the girl kept asking about "Newsnet" and "use groups".
Not one single admission from them that they were the problem. What an abysmal bungle.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
Glad to hear that it wasn't just me. Overall I am pleased with earthlink but once or twice a year I will go thru this type of thing. This is the first time I had to reset all NG (delete) to get them all up again. Thanks for sharing your experience as well. Lyndell

it looks like earthlink gets they're feed from Giganews. THAT's the problem.
Giganews bought Supernews and proceed to F* everything that was good about Supernews.
I canceled my account, moved to individual.net and haven't looked back.
--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com

I may have to do the same. Thanks for the tip. Lyndell
"Dave Balderstone"

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php