Tarheel Filing

Anyone know how to find out about Tarheel Filing in Raleigh, NC? I failed to find them using Google. Do they have a catalog? I bought large equipment from them in the past and have been very pleased with prices, services, and products sold. TIA

Reply to
Phisherman

Sun, Mar 18, 2007, 1:37pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nobody.com (Phisherman) doth query: Anyone know how to find out about Tarheel Filing in Raleigh, NC? I failed to find them using Google. Do they have a catalog? I bought large equipment from them in the past and have been very pleased with prices, services, and products sold. TIA

Hmmm. Google coughed this up for me, no prob. Google is your friend.

I'da started by looking in the phone book, or calling the operator. Computer woulda been the last choice before asking here. If you want some good woodworking books, check the Raade's Corner, on Hillborough Stret. Used books, good prices, they take trade-ins. I'd say tell 'em I sent you, but they'd bill you at the same price anyway. I used to get in there at least once a week, for over 20 years. Now I gat quite a few of my books off the web, and only get in ever 2-3 months or so, usually when I've got an eye appointment in Raleigh. Sometimes we gain by change, but miss the old anyway. But it is nice to go to the post office and get a new (to me, usually buy used) book in the mail.

JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.

Reply to
J T

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I found this:

Tarheel Filing Company (919) 231-3323

3400 Lake Woodard Dr Raleigh, NC 27604
Reply to
David Wilkinson

Thanks JOAT. It looks like I'll have to call them at 800-322-6641. Would be nice to have a list of items (used books too) for sale.

Reply to
Phisherman

Mon, Mar 19, 2007, 12:14am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nobody.com (Phisherman) doth sayeth: Thanks JOAT. It looks like I'll have to call them at 800-322-6641. Would be nice to have a list of items (used books too) for sale.

Be kinda hard to keep a list of books at the Rader's Corner - they have a pretty fast turnover. I've seen peope bring books in to trad or sell and pople buy them before they're even taken off of the front counter. Besides, nothing like browsing a used bookstore.

Last time I was there, last Thu, the had several books on finishing, some onre-finising, toys, outdoor buildings, tools and their use, old tools, making tools, carving, etc., etc. Along with used CDs, I think they still carry records, kids books, even a corner with old Payboys, and so on. Nice people there. If you stop buy, tell Irv, co-owner, Ted says hi. Mentioning me probably won't get you a dscount, but I don't think they'll charge you extra either. Probably the best used bookstore I've ever found.