Tambour materials

Hello Everyone, I building a Tambour for the first time. This Tambour is 46 inches wide. The pieces that make up the top are 3/4" x 3/4". The length of the assembly is 32". What is the best fabric to use for this roll top? Someone suggested cotton duck. They also suggested using hide glue. Is hide glue the best? I have both hide glue and yellow glue.
Thanks in advance, Dan
Hey Dan ,
Either will do but yellow is probably the most convenient. As far as backing material goes I always use heavy duty canvass and I found art supply stores are an excellent source . mjh
"Dan" <"dhapp-at-wmis,net"> wrote in message

If you have not bought the tambour yet, take a look at Lee Valley. They sell the stuff with the backing already applied. Sure would not want to have any glue leak into the joints between the wood.
P D Q "Dan" <"dhapp-at-wmis,net"> wrote in message Everyone,<BR>I building a Tambour for the first time. This Tambour is 46 inches wide.<BR>The pieces that make up the top are 3/4" x 3/4". The length of the <BR>assembly is 32".<BR>What is the best fabric to use for this roll top? Someone suggested <BR>cotton duck.<BR>They also suggested using hide glue. Is hide glue the best? I have both <BR>hide glue and yellow glue.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Dan</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
On May 11, 6:03 am, Dan <"dhapp-at-wmis,net"> wrote:

You can also make tambour with string or cable instead of cloth backing. No glue needed.