SW Missouri Hardwood Dealers

We recently spent 3+ weeks near Cassville Mo helping our son finish out his new home. In the process I located some of the many hardwood dealers and small mill in the area. Prices would make it feasible for many woodworkers in the four-state area to look some of these folks up.

Red oak prices ranged from $1.65 to $2.50/bd ft. Walnut was just over $3 Many carried other woods including cherry, maple, etc. Some even include sales tax in the base price.

Most are very accommodating. Wise hardwood, for example, provided two pieces I needed to cap a stair rail in sizes of 7"x12' and 7"x8'. I requested matching wood and got it. They even cut it to width and I barely touched it other than shape the edges, cut to length and sanded. No add-on for sizing.

Van's is a small family run mill that cuts, dries and produces good quality moulding. I had to call ahead so he could plane what I needed, but on one occasion he and his wife delivered it to the site. "Wanted to see the house anyway." The trips to his house and mill in the beautiful Ozark hills was worth doing business.

Mid-America is a large operation that sells wholesale only but provides mouldings, doors, flooring and other items as well as lumber.

Mid America Hardwoods Sarcoxi Mo (417) 548-2191 Wise Hardwood Lumber Pierce City Mo 417-476-5119 H&H Hardwoods Grandby Mo 417-472-3479 Van's Millworks Washburn Mo. 417-662-3421 417-662-3107

RonB

Reply to
RonB