Sunhill SM-150 jointer

Does anyone know anything about the Sunhill SM-150 jointer?

I'm getting ready to buy a 6" jointer and I like the Delta X5 and the Yorkcraft. But this Sunhill would seem to be my best bet -- it's got an extra long

56 inch table and is offered at $450 including shipping. People on this group seem to be happy with Sunhill jointers and I've read some good reviews in the woodworking magazines, but haven't seen this particular model mentioned anywhere. I was a little surprised that it is 40 lbs lighter than the Yorkcraft despite a 10-inch longer table.

Thanks, Nate

Reply to
NateDogg

Not speaking of the brand but more of the size. This is going to be good for short boards. IMHO if you intend to do 8' boards you are going to need a longer bed.

56" is not really "extra long"
Reply to
Leon

I've got one (and it's for sale, locally, ABQ NM) that has worked well for me. Was pretty simple to assemble and it does a good job. I've broken down and bought an 8" jointer so this one will have to go. Certainly not selling it due to performance. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Isn't this the same generic 6" jointer that everyone and their dog has? (Mine's an Axminster).

The tables are plenty long enough as a jointer, unless you're using it as a sawmill for initial preparation of huge stock (which it isn't wide enough for anyway). Basic construction is good and table sag isn't an issue.

The lever adjust has much less backlash than handwheels and a cross-screw.

The fence angle adjust is flimsy and wobbly. Works OK, but don't lean on it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I can't comment on the quality, but I just got an email advertising the

8" x 65 " Long Bed Jointer Model SM-204 for $579.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique