Suggestions for cuting board finish?

Page 4 of 4
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:29:17 GMT, "Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman"

I'm picking it up tonight, Ray, and will see what I'm getting into..
Depending on size and condition, I'll sand or maybe plane it and recommend that he leave it unfinished... I don't want to spend a lot of time on it because I'm hoping to make it a quick job and not charge for it.. (networking!)
If there's anything a restaurant here has an abundance of, it's salt and limes.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:12:17 -0700, mac davis

Back in Jr. High one of the Wood shop projects one could make was an "End Grain Oak Butcher Block."
I know for a fact that the finish was a combination of heated "Linseed Oil and Beeswax," however I can't remember what type of "Linseed Oil" was used or what the percentages of each component were.
I was hoping that someone was familiar and could tell me what I've forgotten.
I'm hoping to use this type finish for some "Wooden Spoons and a Pizza Peel."
As far as it being "Food Grade" I have a hard time believing that the late 60's - early 70's Hamilton County School Board (Cincinnati, OH.) would allow teachers to poison students and their families, as the projects were not for show, but rather for household usage by the students and their families.
Any leads to fill my memory gaps would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
PR