Stirling project web page updated

One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...
I've just updated the web page at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/StirlingProject.html with a photo of a scaled-up fluidyne built with (mostly) four-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe. This is likely to be a forerunner of the engine that'll be used both for pumping and air-conditioning applications.
It's the last picture on the page.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/interest.html

Fascinating - thanks for sharing as always! Andy
Fri, Jul 13, 2007, 2:50am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (MorrisDovey) doty sayeth: One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...<snip>
Hi ya Morris. I may have posted this link before. http://mb-soft.com/solar/saving.html
And, if you don't already have copies, there's a two volume set Seam And Stirling Engines You Can Build. Very interesting. I'm pretty sure they're out of print, but I usualy buy used books anyway, usually much more inexpensive that way.
J T wrote: | Fri, Jul 13, 2007, 2:50am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (Morris Dovey) | doty sayeth: | One more step toward solar-powered shop air conditioning...<snip> | | Hi ya Morris. I may have posted this link before. | http://mb-soft.com/solar/saving.html
Yup - not a new idea. It seems like a perfectly reasonable approach - but has a hidden flaw: sooner or later you'll find yourself ill from the mold that grows in the underground plenum. To get around this minor inconvenience, install a geothermal heat pump.
| And, if you don't already have copies, there's a two volume set | Seam And Stirling Engines You Can Build. Very interesting. I'm | pretty sure they're out of print, but I usualy buy used books | anyway, usually much more inexpensive that way.
I'm tempted to try writing a new one called: "How to build a no-mechanical-parts Stirling engine without a machine shop"...
..if I could just figure it out. :-)