Steam Mops and Cleaners on Hardwood

Ours is a "shark"

The Gruene we were looking at uses steam. It has a water tank and an internal flash heater. the advantage is supposed to be they put less moisture on the floor and it drys quickly with the mop.
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:15:21 -0500, knuttle

The steam mop we have is DEFINITELY steam. The carpet "steam cleaner" on the other hand uses liquid H20.
On 12/22/2011 8:37 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That gives me some talking points if she decides she wants one
Steam works really well for our TigerWood hardwood, with glossy finish, floors. It tends to disperse greasy stains and blotches giving a good shine and it's quick. Every few years you will need to hit them with a detergent based cleaner to dissolve the greasy stuff you have just spread around though.
If you wear glasses you will understand this process. It works well most of the time but eventually you have to actually remove the greasy film.
------------- "RonB" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with any of the consumer-grade steam mops or other cleaners on hardwood floors? We have researched via Google, Amazon and various on line dealers. They and local storefront dealers for Shark, Gruene (mops) and Koblenz (scrubber) all say they are great and safe for hardwood. From research, it appears that many consider the mops to be better, on hardwood, than bucket scrubbing with a hardwood cleaner because it does not put as much water on the floor; and it removes it quickly. Problem is, most of the opinions are from retail sellers or cleaners - a little biased.
How about you guys? There are many finish experts here. Are these steam cleaners safe with factory finished hardwood flooring (BTW - Our floors are solid 3/4" Oak, tongue and groove, not engineered. The installation is on top of standard roofing felt.).
Thanks RonB