Steam Mops and Cleaners on Hardwood

That gives me some talking points if she decides she wants one

Reply to
knuttle

"m II" wrote in news:IqQIq.36677$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.iad:

You seem pretty happy with yours. I've never looked at these things. What brand is yours? Are there features one should look for and/or avoid?

We have a Swiffer wet jet, and although it works, it tends to leave a film & takes several passes to get things really clean. Some of that may be because we don't clean as often as we should, but life is too crazy to devote much time to a regular cleaning schedule.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

The name on it is "Steamfast" and I would be sure it is the cheapest model you can buy. I have doubts you will ever see this model name anywhere else.

Go for light and easy to store, with wrap place for a long cord. We have a large room about 28' x 35' full of hardwood and no middle receptacles.

We have a Swiffer wet jet, and although it works, it tends to leave a film & takes several passes to get things really clean. Some of that may be because we don't clean as often as we should, but life is too crazy to devote much time to a regular cleaning schedule.

Doug White

Reply to
m II

The Gruene we were looking at uses steam. It has a water tank and an internal flash heater. the advantage is supposed to be they put less moisture on the floor and it drys quickly with the mop.

Reply to
RonB

Ours is a "shark"

Reply to