Squirrel cage blower for shop air filter..

Can anyone recommend a good source for a squirrel cage blower (shaded pole fan) for a shop air filter.
Looking for something around 1/5 hp, 800-1000cfm. It seems all the models I have found are $150-200. At that price it would be a better deal to pick up the Delta air filter from Amazon.
-Matt
Matt wrote:

Check with HVAC installers. The shops usually have a few from systems they've updated. They will usually either give them away or sell them dirt cheap. They gave me one.
Nova,
What CFM is the fan you got?

Matt wrote:

There was no information in the unit to indicated the CFM. IIRC, it's a 3 speed 1/2 HP motor with a squirrel cage approx. 12"d x 6"w.
I got one free also. But I gave a $10 bill anyhow. Call HVAC places under "Furnaces" in the Yellow Pages in your area. It works great in a shop-built box.
Steve Johnson

Furnace installers just take them to the scrap yard when they do a replacement. Stop by a few shops and see if you can catch one before it goes to the heap - they'll probably just give it to you. I've gotten a couple that way.
--
Scott Post snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com http://home.insightbb.com/~sepost /

just replaced my furnace and swmbo thought I was crazy asking the guy to pull the fan housing and save it for me.
Scott Post wrote:

www.pennstateindustries.com

Industrial scrap yard. These things are common, from other people's scrap HVAC systems. -- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.